Friday 28 January 2022

It's Hard to Become Who You Are

It’s hard to become who you are. To take all the pieces of yourself that feel broken and love them back together. It’s often ugly and messy and forces you to sit down and admit you truly have no idea what you’re doing. You haven’t figured it all out, you could lose everything you hold dear tomorrow, and the only thing left to do is let go. 

 

It’s hard to become who you are. Reading all the inspirational memes that show up on your social media knowing how far away you are from that level of clarity and transformation. You feel overwhelmed by the thought that if you’re not fulfilling your spiritual destiny, you aren’t really living at all.

 

It’s hard to become who I am. To dream big and fall hard because I have no idea how to create a large life and still able to lay on the couch and watch Friends with the person I love most. I silently cry because I feel like I’m failing at sitting in my soul, living from my heart, and using the gifts I have been given. 

 

I am not the person leading the brigade to create a more loving world and inspiring the masses to be more than they think they could be. I am the person walking beside you and gently holding your trembling hand because I know how hard it is to try to become who you are. 


2 comments:

What's My Life Purpose?

Whenever I see an article or video about how to find my life purpose my tummy gets all wound up, my breathing gets shallow, and I have this ...